Tuesday 12 June 2012

Mission Statement


I want to educate the people of Britain - and the world, if they'll listen - on the wide variety of breakfast cereals available to them.


I am a (self-proclaimed) “cereal pioneer” who invented such delights as the muesli toastie, and the concept of Coco Pops on a bed of Alpen. In my life I have always pushed the boundaries with breakfast cereals, whether it was deep-fried Bran Flake Balls, crushed Corn Flakes as a crust on mac ‘n’ cheese, or the aforementioned muesli toastie. I feel passionately about dispelling the misconceptions that breakfast cereal is a thing of simplicity (it is NOT just stuff from a box in a bowl with milk) and also that breakfast itself – despite the etymology of the word – is a meal that can only be enjoyed when one awakens from a long slumber, be that in the morning, early afternoon or otherwise (for instance, why not enjoy a breakfast cereal when you get home from work? or at half time in the football?). I want to use my views on breakfast cereal and the “bigger picture” to create an cereal blog/life commentary. But most of all, I want to provide good, honest reviews of the breakfast cereals that are on offer out there. I will do a weekly review on everything from timeless classics, like Weetabix, to whatever the current craze may be; named brands versus supermarket brands; and various other cerealy fun. I will rate each cereal on the following categories:

·Taste
·Milk Flavour
·Texture
·Packaging
·Relevancy of Mascot (if applicable)
·Potential

Each of these categories will be marked out of ten and weighted thus: Taste, 25%; Milk Flavour, 25%; Texture, 20%; Packaging, 7.5%; Relevancy of Mascot, 7.5%; Potential, 15%. These scores will be aggregated in order to give each cereal an overall score out of ten.

If you have any recommendations yourself, or you would like to hear my take on a particular brand, please feel free to get in touch on here, or by e-mail at iain.j.dallas.06@aberdeen.ac.uk .

No comments:

Post a Comment